Thursday, May 31, 2012

Half a year already?!?!

As I write this, I realize I haven't dedicated the time I wanted to this blog.  It's been over a month since my last post.  So much has happened!  My sweet baby girl is half a year and a day old and she's grown SO much!



We're still making baby food.  Austyn loves her carrots and sweet potatoes.  Squash and zucchini are always a hit with her as well.  HOWEVER!  Green beans...sorry, she's not a fan of you!  I mixed up some green beans this week and thought they'd go over great.  Nope.  Not happening.  Austyn very rarely gets fussy, very rarely cries, and normally eats everything. 

This is what happens when you feed her green beans.


Needless to say, the next day I mixed her green beans in with some sweet potatoes.

She's getting mobile.  She has mastered rolling over from front to back and from back to front.  She can roll to the right.  She can roll to the left.  She now spins on her belly like one of the Three Stooges and can get to where she's going with just a few spins and rolls.  We have discovered that her skin is not a fan of carpeting.  So can you imagine the fun we're having with trying to keep her on a blanket?  Especially with her being as quick as she is?  Whew!  She's a fast little bugger!

I do have to say, I've never seen a happier baby.  This child hasn't met a stranger yet.  She smiles at everyone and let's anyone hold her.  She laughs and giggles and it's just so damn cute!  She's ticklish and she loves "You Are My Sunshine."  Even if she's feeling a little blue, a little song and dance cheers her right up!  She loves to wiggle and dance.

I can't put into words how much I love this little girl.  She is completely worth all the cold dinners, all the late nights (Not because she wakes up, but because I spend every one of her waking moments watching her, enjoying her, etc... and I don't get my chores done until after she goes to bed.)  She makes it so easy to be a mama.  I couldn't have asked for a better baby.  I just hope she stays this way.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that it's been six months (and a day!) already!  It seems like just yesterday I was home with her all day.  She's gone from being my sleepy little baby that I begged would wake up just so I could see her pretty eyes to this beautiful baby girl who I just can't leave alone, who fills my heart with so much joy, and makes my heart ache when I have to leave her for work. 

She's my everything and she is certainly the very best of me.


3 weeks vs. 26 weeks (6 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment